Enter Your Book In The Best Indie Book Award™ contest.
Open to books published from 2012 or after. (2012 to 2017)
Entries will be judged based on multiple writing skills, which include story-telling ability, author’s ability to engage the reader, transitions, pacing, movement of the story, author’s skill with voice, character, dialogue, and narrative. Grammar skills will also be taken into consideration.
The Best Indie Book Award is an annual literary award contest recognizing independent authors in ten major genres. Entries are limited to independently (indie) published books, including those from small presses, e-book publishers, and self-published authors.
Best Indie Book Award has been mentioned by many best-selling authors, including Alinka Rutkowska in her book HOW I SOLD 80,000 BOOKS: Book Marketing for Authors (Self Publishing through Amazon and Other Retailers) and on many author related websites and blogs. USA Today and New York Times best-selling author Kathy Clark is among previous winners, as well as Movie Producer Eran Gadot.
Books must be submitted in English, but submissions are not limited to authors in the United States. Previous winning entries have come from Japan, Qatar, Israel, the United Kingdom and other countries.
How Do We Define Independently Published?
Anyone who retains the publishing rights to their book is eligible to enter the Best Indie Book Award contest. For example, if you are published through Amazon’s KDP, Nookpress, Smashwords, Createspace, or any vanity press, and you retain all rights to your book, then you are eligible to enter the contest. (Most authors fall under this and are eligible.) We have expanded our contest to include books published by small, independent presses. If you have a publishing contract with a major publisher for the book you are entering, the book would not be eligible.
Ten Categories Will Be Judged In 2017.
- Young Adult
There Will Be One Winner In Each Category.
Winners Will Receive:
- The Best Indie Book Award™ Emblem to proudly display on their website and book cover. The emblem can be used to promote your book wherever you like.
- A physical Best Indie Book Award™ trophy to display in their office or home.*
- Their winning book featured on the sidebar of four websites for at least six months. (BestIndieBookStore.com, iAuthorDb.com, Snickslist.com, and BestIndieBooks.com.)
- Their book displayed on the front page of the Best Indie Book Award website, and listed on the permanent, archived “Winners” page of this site.
- The winners will also be announced on this site and across multiple social networks. (Tens of thousands of followers total.)
- Winners can proudly mention their award everywhere, including in their book blurb and bio.
Deadline For Entry Is August 31st.
Enter Here: http://bestindiebookaward.com/live/entry-form
* in rare cases, due to the high cost of shipping outside the United States, a physical award may not be shipped to a winner that lives outside the United States. We will, however, do all we can to ensure winners receive their trophy. In such instances we will contact the winner to make arrangements for delivery. If no viable method of delivery is available a certificate will be mailed in lieu of a trophy, and the winner will also receive the digital award emblem to use that all winners receive.