2020 Best Indie Book Awards
The annual Best Indie Book Award (or BIBA®) is an international literary awards contest recognizing self-published and independently published authors. Entries are limited to independently (indie) published books, including those from small presses, e-book publishers, and self-published authors.
We accept submissions from all over the world, but the books must be written in English.
We Now Have Awards For Best Indie Book, Best Illustration, And Best Cover Design!
The Best Indie Book Award® is a legitimate writing competition. Entries will be judged based on multiple writing skills, which include story-telling ability, author’s ability to engage the reader, transitions, pacing, movement of the story, author’s skill with voice, character, dialogue, and narrative. Grammar skills will also be taken into consideration. Winning a BIBA® is something an author can be proud of!
The Best Indie Book Award® has been mentioned by many best-selling authors and on many author-related websites and blogs. Previous winners include USA Today and New York Times best-selling authors, movie producers, actors, and independent authors from around the globe.
How Do We Define Independently Published?
Anyone who retains the publishing rights to their book is eligible to enter the Best Indie Book Award® contest. For example, if you are published through Amazon’s KDP, Nookpress, Smashwords, Createspace, or any vanity press, and you retain all rights to your book, then you are eligible to enter the contest. (Most authors fall under this and are eligible.) We have expanded our contest to include books published by small, independent presses.
Literary Categories To Be Judged:
- Young Adult
- Novella/Short Story Collection/Poetry Collection
- Children (Middle Grade and Picture Books)
- Historical Fiction
- Non-Fiction> Self Help/Health
- Non-Fiction> Inspirational/Spiritual/Metaphysical
- Non-Fiction> Business/Investing
- Non-Fiction> Cooking/Crafting/How-To
There Will Be One Winner In Each Category.
Winners Will Receive:
- The Best Indie Book Award® Emblem to proudly display on their website and book cover. The emblem can be used to promote your book wherever you like.
- A physical Best Indie Book Award® trophy to display at book signings, in their office or home.
- Their winning book featured in advertising, email, social networks, and promoted by other means.
- Their book displayed on the front page of the Best Indie Book Award website, and listed on the permanent, archived “Winners” page of this site.
- Ongoing Promotion of the winning book through social media, print advertising, online advertising, email lists, and more. (100,000+ followers)
- Winners can proudly mention their award everywhere, including in their book blurb and bio.
- Five-Star rating on Goodreads.
- Added to the BIBA® Winners list on Goodreads.
- Custom Promotional Images to use.
- Promotion across multiple websites.