The International Best Indie Book Award®
The 2024 BIBA Contest Submissions Start Jan 1st.
2023 Best Indie Book Awards®
The annual Best Indie Book Award® (or BIBA®) is an international literary awards contest recognizing self-published and independently published authors from all over the world. Entries are limited to independently (indie) published books, including those from small presses, e-book publishers, and self-published authors.
We accept submissions from all over the world, but the books must be written in English.
Enter Your Book!
The Best Indie Book Award® is a legitimate writing competition.
Entries will be judged based on multiple writing skills, which include story-telling ability, author’s ability to engage the reader, transitions, pacing, movement of the story, hooks, and author’s skill with voice, character, dialogue, narrative, grammar, and punctuation. Winning a BIBA® is something an author can be proud of!
The Best Indie Book Award® has been mentioned by many best-selling authors and on many author-related websites and blogs. Previous winners include USA Today and New York Times best-selling authors, movie producers, actors, and independent authors from around the globe.
How Do We Define Independently Published?
Anyone who retains the publishing rights to their book is eligible to enter the Best Indie Book Award® contest. So, self-published authors, and authors published by small, independent presses, university presses, independent partner publishers, or vanity presses are all eligible to enter the BIBA®.
Literary Categories To Be Judged:
- Children’s Middle Grade/Tween
- Christian (Fiction/Non-Fiction)
- Historical Fiction
- Mainstream/Non-Genre/Literary Fiction
- Mystery/Cozy Mystery
- Other Fiction
- Short Story Collection/Poetry Collection
- Young Adult
- Non-Fiction> Academics/Teaching
- Non-Fiction> Biography
- Non-Fiction> Business/Investing/Marketing
- Non-Fiction> Cooking/Cookbook/Gardening
- Non-Fiction> Crafting/Hobbies/How-To
- Non-Fiction> Health/Fitness
- Non-Fiction> History
- Non-Fiction> Inspirational/Motivational
- Non-Fiction> Memoir
- Non-Fiction> New Age/Metaphysical/Visionary
- Non-Fiction> Parenting/Pregnancy
- Non-Fiction> Philosophy
- Non-Fiction> Politics/Economics/Sociology
- Non-Fiction> Psychology/Grieving/Caregiving
- Non-Fiction> Religion/Spiritual
- Non-Fiction> Self Help
- Non-Fiction> Travel
There Will Be One Winner In Each Category.
Winners Will Receive:
- The Best Indie Book Award® Emblem to proudly display on their website and book cover. The emblem can be used to promote your book wherever you like.
- A physical Best Indie Book Award® trophy to display at book signings, in their office, or at home.
- Their winning book featured in advertising, email, social networks, and promoted by other means.
- Their book is displayed on the front page of the Best Indie Book Award® website, and listed on the permanent, archived “Winners” page of this site.
- Ongoing Promotion of the winning book through social media, print advertising, online advertising, email lists, and more. (100,000+ followers)
- Winners can proudly mention their award everywhere, including in their book blurb and bio.
- Added to the BIBA® Winners list on Goodreads.
- Custom Promotional Images to use.
- Promotion across multiple websites.
Book Of The Year Award
New! BIBA will be awarding a $500.00 cash prize and trophy to the author of the Book of the Year! Click here for more details.
Enter Your Book
“Giving recognition to our country’s best literary talent! What could possibly be better than that?”
BIBA has become one of the premier awards for indie authors.
“Dedicated to the literary field, helping authors get the recognition they deserve.”
Michael D Lackey
Awesome Organization for Indie Writers
“The staff is great! The Award is very professional in its appears and the organizations outreach is great for marketing new authors.”
One of the best awards an author can win!
Winning a Best Indie Book Award is one of my proudest moments as an author! BIBA is a class act all the way around. Thank you, BIBA!
Definitely worth entering!
Even though I didn’t actually win, the feedback I got was a very pleasant surprise. I didn’t realize I would get an in depth review of what was great and what could be improved about my book. That alone was worth the entry fee and I will be entering more books in the future!
Great contest for Indie authors!
Highly recommend! Of course, winning is AWESOME!
“I was honored to win the 2017 Children’s Award, and ever since then BIBA has done an excellent job of maintaining a connection and supporting me (and all other) authors in incredible ways. They constantly retweet my big announcements and work and help to get the word out about most things that I do! I’m not sure if this is typical of indie book awards, but regardless it is incredibly supportive and kind. Highly recommend them for their support of indie authors!”
Rashad Malik Davis
I highly recommend them!
“They are super friendly and a fantastic opportunity for my authors to submit their books for a chance to get noticed.”
“Wonderful awards organization.”
“This is my first time trying Indie Book Awards but with so many awards in the market, we did the research and found this to be one of the most recommended!”
“BIBA seems to have its act together.”
Best Award an Indie Author Can Receive!
“Thank you, Best Indie Book Award. I’m always so humbled by your relentless support of my efforts as a writer.”
G. Egore Pitir
Top Book Awards 2022, Indie Book Awards 2022, Indie Literary Awards, Self-Published Awards, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Indie Book Contests 2022, Writing Competitions, Book Cover Contest 2022, Self-Published Book Contests 2022, Writing Contests, Poetry Writing Contests, Novel Contests 2022, Creative Writing Contest, International Book Awards
Florida, New York, California, North Carolina